I’m a 29 year old law student.. yep in 3rd year.. graduating in June and I got sucked in .. big time by younique. I did research but I let my heart overtake my head and now I’m in debt and feeling like I’ve failed..
From the off my wife to be thought it was a cult and tbh she was right … but I was too invested money and pride wise to admit it.. Younique came with instant friends and lovely make up .. little did I know I’d be traveling to Birmingham and pay for what essentially a marketing/brainwashing event.. Yet I ploughed on via FB and home parties and leaflet drops and made nothing .. I did all the self development = aggressive bullshit which soul destroys you and followed the training to the letter .. yep a ready made younique bot.
Tonight I got a message confirming it all my upline – telling me I’m about to suspend and that I need £150 of products to stay active! This is after purchasing stock off other presenters/eBay.. getting a card reader and by traveling 50 miles to do a party that no one spent a penny on.
I’ve felt under constant pressure and like I couldn’t escape for a while and now I’ve cracked! I’m feeling ashamed, worthless, failure and am bloody sick of self development bullshit! I think going from a kid with very few G.C.S.Es to graduating law school in a matter of months is self developed .
Please share my story so others don’t get sucked in and they don’t get emotionally and mentally damaged!
Omg I’m so sorry xxx we are here if you need to vent. Does your wife know?
Thank you so much x yeah she’s been fantastic .. even though I’ve had chemo this year I thought I could change things by doing younique but I’ve finally broke free xx
Also can you let people know that when you decide to leave the emotional blackmail piles on x
We asked Em for an example of the kind of emotional blackmail and she sent us this screenshot:
We’re going to do something a bit different with this story. Our informer gave us access to the training she was given by her upline before she quit, and we’ve spent a bit of time downloading, screenshotting and ripping vids. What we’ve found is very interesting, we think.
So far we’ve found:
- A video that tells Younique bots to hold ‘fundraisers’ as a way to create more customers
- A video that tells Younique bots to say that Younique products are cruelty-free, even though they have no CF certification
- As above, same for vegan, etc.
- A video that implies Younique bots have to spend $125 USD every 3 months to stay active.
- A shitload of scripts about how to approach different kinds of people.
- A motherload of info about how to build a ‘team’ and an acknowledgement that to make real money, you need a multitude of mini-bots to live off.